It is the analysis of the design and functional features of an existing system, device or part in a way that the production stages are discovered. The main purpose of reverse engineering is to analyze the suitability of the product and its working principle. Employees have multiple advantages such as helping to solve the problem, providing fast and safe results, and creating permanent data.
HOW TO DO?
Parametric modeling can be done with draft based modeling. Since solid and surfaces can be obtained through drafts, the changes made on the sketches are reflected in the entire design. Data can be created easily with fast surface modeling.
- Redrawing the idle machines with all the details and preparing the manufacturing pictures
- Preparing pictures of existing parts
- Going to your customers on behalf of you and doing drawing, design and reverse engineering work there
- The time and effort spent to develop a product from scratch is not only very high, but also the cost is not at a competitive level,
- The original producer has stopped producing the relevant product or the requested fee is higher,
- Analyzing changes on the existing design or product in order to transfer them to the model,
- Obtaining models of complex and original designs,
- Finding deficiencies in technical data and documentation,
- It is the transfer of the design of products with only physical models to a computer model for improvement or analysis.
If we are working in a factory and a part of one of our machines is damaged, this part is removed and the damaged areas are combined and scanned. Later, we will have the original design of this piece. And it means that we can produce it if we want. Here is a short example of this reverse engineering practice.